Audio Visual Project Manager
THIS IS NOT A TELECOM POSITION
The Project Manager will be a highly detailed, analytical, customer centric, team focused professional. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the appropriate resources required to meet client expectations for a fully-functional system on budget and on time. The Project Manager must establish and maintain effective working relationships with external clients as well as both holding company employees, and subsidiary company leadership teams through a high degree of professionalism and excellent interpersonal/ communication skills. The Project Manager is a confident leader with exceptional forecasting and change management skills.
– Conduct project kick off meetings with Sales, Design and Engineering to gain overall project vision and define project schedule
– Schedule and conduct project walk-through with appropriate employees, subcontractors, general contractors, and clients
– Facilitate relationship-building with other trades
– Conduct client interview to gather information for the Project Site and introduce members of the Linx Team
– Manage project budget (labor hours, materials, and equipment costs)
– Ensure all equipment and materials are ordered, received, and staged prior to the start of the project.
– Coordinate ordering through the Linx procurement team.
– Ensure timely delivery of materials and equipment to job site
– Track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet client needs and requirements
– Manage change order requests from the client.
– Coordinate with the appropriate sales resources for pricing and client acceptance as required.
– Maintain project documents throughout the project.
– Coordinate Installation Technicians, Engineering and Programming resources with other Project Managers and Operations Manager
– Daily and/or Weekly updates with the client on project status, scheduling, and open issues as required for the size of the project
– Communicate project status and scheduling with employees and subcontractors
– Communicate project status with Operations Manager on a weekly basis
– Overall jobsite cleanliness, organization, materials disposal and recycling
– Overall project quality control and feature requirements
– Provide assistance to Installation Technicians as necessary to complete the project
– Initiate and maintain Linx Field Directive documents
– Daily and Weekly maintenance of Project Task and Punch List with Project Foreman.
– Creation and delivery of Customer Notebook to the Client including warranty terms and start/end date
– Conduct or coordinate appropriate resources to conduct client training
– Perform a post close-out project review and lessons learned
Infocomm CTS certification preferred 2+ years experience with the installation, setup, operation and troubleshooting of conference rooms, auditoriums, or Video Teleconference environment.
– 4 year degree preferred.
– Two years of multi-site project management experience
– Experience in the construction industry, electronics integration, and/or audio/visual installation business is required.
– Expert MS Excel skills
– Ability to communicate effectively via email and cloud based software to other team members.
– Must be able to pass an extensive criminal and credit background investigation.
– Must be able to provide your own transportation to project site.
Job Type: Independent Contractor
Local candidates only: Washington, DC 20004
Audio and Video Installation: 5 years
Required license or certification: CTS or Related Certifications
Required education: High school or equivalent